Experienced Dog Trainer In Pine, CO
Canine Psychology Center’s head trainer, Susan E Schaefers, is a highly experienced dog trainer in Pine, CO.
• If you are experiencing even subtle behavior problems with your dog, we highly recommend that you first attend a
private canine behavior evaluation lesson at CPC before making any difficult decisions.
• Please know that there is a one-time consultation fee of $150 if you visit CPC. If you choose to work with us, $100 of that fee will be applied to your program of choice.
• Schedule a private canine behavior evaluation lesson at CPC and meet with the head trainer, Suzi Schaefers. She has over 33 years of experience working with extreme aggression and severe behavior problems in dogs. At the consultation, you will receive an exact price quote and have a chance to ask as many questions as you can!
• Currently, CPC offers two training programs for clients and their dogs: the Out-Patient Private program and the In-Patient program.
• Both programs include UNLIMITED follow-up dog training lessons and group classes for the life of your dog(s). Also included are a 30 or 40-page training packet (depending on program) and ALL of CPC's training, behavior and aggression literature. We can also provide you with links/resources to step-by-step instructional videos, as well as high quality, yet very reasonably priced training equipment.
Current CPC dogs include ''Jessie', 'Joey' & 'Zasha'. Joey and Zasha are available for adoption! They can all be seen in our Photo Gallery.
• Acknowledgments from Animal Control Agencies, Dog Rescue Organizations, Veterinary Clinics, even other dog trainers. We can provide references from around the city/state, around the country and Canada.
• If you would like to chat with other CPC clients before making a decision to work with us, simply click here to REQUEST REFERENCES We have a 'ton'!
About the Head Trainer - Suzi Schaefers
- Master Trainer at Canine Psychology Center, LLC, Suzi Schaefers, has been training dogs for many years and knows numerous methods and techniques with which to help you train/rehabilitate your dog or pack. Suzi will customize the training/rehab to meet the individual needs of each dog & pack and the specifications of your family. Each dog is different and quite often requires a completely different method of training, positive/negative reinforcement and training equipment.
- Suzi has over 30 years of experience in the following disciplines: basic obedience, advanced obedience, protection training, behavior modification/conditioning and aggression rehabilitation. She can work just as effectively with an eight week old puppy that requires something like a little basic obedience, socialization and potty training, to the young adult dog that is starting to challenge owners and requires more serious manners training and basic or advanced obedience, to the dog with more severe behavior issues, such as separation anxiety, fear or self-mutilation, to the dog that is extremely handler-aggressive (will bite its handler/owner) and any other form of aggression or behavior. Suzi does not have experience in conformation show training and some of the other disciplines, such as agility training or rally obedience. Suzi does not offer any competition training or 'canine good citizen' certificates. Suzi is considered a 'master trainer' and is always available to help owners and other professional dog handlers obtain true and meaningful communication, as well as safety at all times, with their aggressive dogs and the people with whom they live and interact. Suzi is not 'certified'.
- Suzi started out 'collecting' stray dogs as a very young child, much to her parents' dismay, and searching relentlessly in shelters, walking the neighborhoods with the dogs, even making those old fashioned 'cold phone calls' in an attempt to find the dogs' owners. One of those stray dogs just didn't seem to have a home and ended up living with the Schaefers forever! 'Tiger'. 'Tiger' can be seen on the upcoming 'Lost Loved Ones' page of our Photo Gallery.
- This started Suzi's wonderful journey to becoming the professional trainer she is today. The first 'dog job' that she had was delivering guard dogs around the city of Denver for the Colorado Dog Academy in 1985.
- The next stop in her animal career was Bel-Rea Institute of Animal Technology. Suzi's goal at the time was to become a veterinary technician and eventually a doctor of veterinary medicine. She attended Bel-Rea from 1988 to 1991. She learned so very much about animal health, conformation and nutrition, which she uses today to guide her clients on basic health care, grooming and nutrition.
- After Bel-Rea, Suzi went to work with Canine Behavior Modification Center in Boulder, CO, with head trainer, Wendy Pool, from 1991 to 1992. Here she learned the correct and humane way to utilize the wonderful remote collar (E-Collar, or 'shock' collar) with any dog and any type of training from protection, to obedience to behavior modification. Aggression was the only behavior with which the remote collar was not recommended. This recommendation still holds true today. CPC does NOT use the remote collar to correct the act of aggression.
- Next Suzi worked for American School of Dog Training in Aurora, CO from 1992 to 1996. With owner and master trainer Bob Eckhardt as a boss, trainer and mentor, Suzi learned MANY training methods, techniques and ideas. While at ASDT, she worked mostly on basic and advance obedience, protection training and behavior modification, as well as how to run a successful and lucrative dog training business.
- On 6/26/96 Suzi made the life-changing decision to open her own dog training business in Morrison, CO. The first name of the business was 'Suzi's Custom Dog Training'. Next came 'Canine Headquarters' and finally, when Suzi had honed her skills in canine behavior modification and aggression rehabilitation, as well as the more difficult task of training the humans, the name was permanently changed to Canine Psychology Center, LLC.
- Suzi has grown the business into a very successful canine aggression rehabilitation service. People from all over Colorado, the US and even Canada send/bring their dogs to Suzi for help. Suzi has been running her own dog training business for 20+ years and would never do anything else. When she is physically incapable of rehabilitating aggressive dogs, she will continue to offer consultations and evaluations well into the future. And, maybe build web sites....who knows!